Thursday, April 9, 2009

Back to Quilting

It has been a very fun week. I don't remember laughing as hard as I did this week in a long time. I have four very humourous friends, one in particular, who had the rest of us in tears of laughter with her amusing emails.

I have also spent many hours this past week browsing fabric online. And have decided at this point in my art quilting life I have 2 very favourite fabric designers. Amy Butler and Michael Miller. There fabric is so crazy and outlandish that it just begs to be used in an art quilt. The picture I have attached is actually not their fabric, but it goes well together and I wanted to show it to you.

I am getting excited to get back to the drawing board again and start designing. I have just this past week, thought of 2 more designs I simply must try. And I want to pick out fabric for both from my stash as well. But the beading must continue. I have 13 objects to bead on my current project. I have got 7 done. Each takes over an hour and a half to do. I have never spent this long on the embellishment part of a quilt before. And I even took out 2 hours worth of beading part way through as I came up with a different colour scheme. And to those of you that know me well, that is impressive. As I get to a point in any quilt and have had enough and tend to rush throuth the rest.

On a different subject, I think I may just try a run outside this weekend. I got off schedule this week as I was out Tuesday and Wednesday nights, and my husband went into work early so there wasn't the chance to run like I usually have. So I must try and get a couple of runs in this weekend. To date, there were 7 of us who talked about doing it. 1 is out for sure, 3 are vague about the whole topic, one is on a sick list and 2 of us are still committed.

No comments: