Sunday, April 19, 2009

Elliot Lake


I attended the Elliot Lake quilt show on Saturday. Actually they asked me to open it. That was a first for me, the Mayor and I cut the 'ribbon' which was actually fabric, I did hate cutting that! The show was splendid, and the ladies of the guild were so helpful and extremely nice.

The best part was the whole family came with me. As it is a 2 1/2 hour drive each way and I had my boys and hubby to keep me company. We went to a terrific 'Dollar Store' where I stocked up on beads and beads and beads. The boys got this metal build it yourself helicopter and we did that for 45 minutes when we got home. It was a great toy as they helped screw in all the pieces and it is very durable. And of course we went to McDonald's. My boys are good though, they pick the grill cheese sandwich, my hubby picked the Double Big Mac, twice! Sigh....

After the kids were in bed, I did more beading. And this morning, after my workout, did some more. This is day 4 of getting up at 5:30 am. I am going to try it for 7 days and see if I can get into the habit of it. It is nice to get my workout in, and not miss getting the boys up.

And don't forget, Tuesday I speak in front of Council to see about my chickens... coincidentally the day old chicks arrive the next day... on Earth Day.

No comments: