Friday, May 1, 2009

No chickens

Well, I received a letter in the mail today from our township. It didn't even get to go back to council, two people made the decision. Basically, in my translation, the lawyer never gave them an answer, so it was too difficult for the administration to follow up with another phone call.

Basically, they are politicians and those paid by politicians, need I say more?

After sleeping on it, I decided to fire off an email asking them if they could get in touch with their lawyer and 'review and consult' by next April. Now of course, they may have to form a study group to decide if they can find out the information in a year. Then it could take another year to find the phone number of their lawyer, another year to make a decision and yet another year to tell me. These guys are really the best at excuses.

The dumb thing is that, I believe 3 or 4 of the council would go for it, but they won't be allowed to put it to vote because administration is not giving them the chance and stating we need a lawyer to raise chickens. It is reassuring to know where our tax dollars are going.

No comments: