Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pamela Allen Was Here


On Thursday night we were treated to the infamous quilt artist Pamela Allen. She did a trunk show for our guild.

The following day she did a workshop titled 'Still Life is Boring, NOT!'. For those lucky 20 that attended, it was fun, informative and exhausting. She kept us working and motivated and taught us many new things. What I discovered is that I cannot quilt still life. It may have something to do with the fact that I have no inspiration from a piece of fruit or vase or plate. My first attempt at still life ended up with a kayak on a river shore. Don't ask me how. My second attempt, I really tried to focus on still life, and you can see how I made out. It was a great learning experience and I came away with alot of knowledge, and some not quilt related.

That guild meeting was also when we handed in our president's challenge quilts. There were 12 quilts entered of all different styles. Mine was easy to pick out, I do have my own style. Members were to vote on their favourite which would be announced as the Viewer's Choice at the June meeting along with the President judging and choosing the best.

I will post them tomorrow and you can choose your favourite.

No comments: