Saturday, May 30, 2009

Yard Sale Treasures



I am trying to increase my embellishment stash, so when time and children permit, I go yardsaling. Today, I found 2 beautiful broaches for $.25 each at a yard sale. I think if I had been there earlier, I would have found some buttons. I have asked my sister in law, who lives in the big city to look for buttons, beads, men's ties, purse handles, vintage material or clothing and anything embellish looking. She is a fantastic yard saler.

There are 1001 benefits to living in a small town among other small towns, but yard saling is not one of them. On a few occasions I have been in the big cities of Ottawa and Barrie for yard sales, and it is a quilt artists dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - Fab find!!!! if you aren't going to use it...I know a great place for it!!! :) (and NOT on the doily!!!!!!)