Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Living Room

I still don't know all the ins and outs of blogging. But it can certainly suck time from you. There are some hilarious sites I follow just for that reason. And there are some fantastic quilting sites I follow. And of course I follow my friends, to keep up with their lives.

This world of blogging is quite unique, and everyone does it for a different reason. I do it for 2 reasons.

I had been trying to get my head around the personal aspect of it, yet the openness of it all. You write whatever your private thoughts are, yet the whole world, thanks to internet, has the ability to read it.

A friend of mine put it into perspective yesterday. She said, "your blog is like your living room, you can say whatever you want in it, and no one can tell you what you can and can't do in your own house." (barring copyright issues=)

I thought that was very insightful and very true. So I will continue to blog along expressing myself and you can choose to visit me in my living room or not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with your friend! Actually, I've been having issues as to whether I should be blogging about personal things. In the beginning, no one really read my blog. Of course, I started blogging in 2006. That was a few years ago. Now, it seems that though I never mention real names, people where we live have figured out it's my blog. I make sure to never talk about anything too personal or never say anything negative about anyone. One never really knows who is reading the blog, right?

It's funny when you go to the grocery store and people come up to you and say, "OH! I READ YOUR BLOG!!!" or "How's that adorable baby of yours?" :) It reminds me of just how small town the place we live in is. :)

At the same time, the blog is MY place. I figure it's a safe place for me to express what I'm going through and what's going on in my world. I'm also the type of person who wears her heart on her sleeve. Reading my blog is like knowing me in person.

Unknown said...

I meant to ask you...

Do you make sleeves/protectors for laptop computers?

I just love all the wonderful creations you come up with.

Two words: ETSY SHOP! :) I know people will definitely buy your stuff! You may find yourself with too many orders to fill though! ;)