Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thread Flowers


I took a course when I went to Creative Festival in Toronto, and it introduced me to the world of water soluble stabilizer. I knew it was out there, but didn't ever try it, till now. And of course am going gangbusters with it. My cutting table is currently full of organza and my design pad has so many drawings on it, I can't decide which one to go with.

I love organza but don't sew with it often due to getting grabbed by the machine, till now.

In the meantime, I have been playing with making thread flowers. Now these are the first two I have ever made, so yes, they are not great. There are lots of things I have learned already from doing this, so will keep practicing on my cheap thread before I pull out my expensive thread and give that a try.

Now if I could just decide on a design, I could actually start my next art quilt!

No comments: