Saturday, November 14, 2009

Felting For the First Time



I couldn't resist trying. When I was in Toronto last month I picked up one of those little hand held felting tools. It just looked fun. I also purchased a bag of the wool remnants you are to use, and then I looked at it for a month.

Yesterday, I finally got around to trying it out.... and watch out. It is addicting. Now I don't go as fast as some do on those videos you see, and I am sure I haven't even touched on all the ways you can use it. But I did have fun. I made three brooches pictured above. They are backed onto felt and then free motion sewn, and embellished.

I have to do more research on what type of fabric I can use for the backing of it, and what else I can do with it, but for now, I am punching till my heart's content.

2 comments:

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Hey! These are cool! Keep at it.

Unknown said...

Oh, I love these!!! Have fun...and I'm hoping to see lots of your work at the Farmers' Markets next year if you decide to sell your stuff there!