Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Button Quilt Done


I feel like I have won a gold Olympic medal. My button quilt is done! I finished it yesterday and showed it to a couple of people. I am so pleased with it, and whether it gets accepted into a juried show or not, it is a wonderful piece of work with a strong meaning to it. I will post it at a later date. I am just relieved to have it done. I went back to my sketch pad and checked the date when I started designing it, and that was April. It took 11 months from start to finish. That is a long time.

Today I found myself wondering what I was going to do now. A little lost actually. So I picked up my design pad and started sketching. 5 designs later, I found a sketch I would like to try. It is going to require some fabric dyeing, which will be fun again, as I haven't done that in quite some time. And of course some new techniques and I am sure many many times back to the sketch pad with revisions.

I am excited to be onto something new again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You definitely deserve a Gold Medal!!