Thursday, May 13, 2010

SOLD!



I sold my first art quilt today. Fall Leaves was purchased by a husband as a Mother's Day gift for his wife. He approached me last year and I had turned him down, and a year later I felt I was ready to sell. At the time when I was originally asked, all I could think about was all the time I had sat beading the individual oak leaves. They don't show up on the picture but there are 13 leaves surrounding the 3 big ones.
During the previous year, I read that one famous quilter says that she enjoys the quilt while making it, and then after it is done, just lets it go.

And in theory I want to sell my work, I just had no idea how hard it would be. Hopefully the next time I have a buyer, I won't take a year to decide!

3 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

Congratulations on your first sale!

I imagine it might be a difficult decision to part with a piece.
But isn't it wonderful to know that someone wishes to display it in their home?

Ela said...

Congratulations!
Wonderful quilt!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Jackie!! That's awesome news! I can understand how difficult it may be to "let go" of one of your creations. After all, you've put so much of your "self" into its creation. At least you can rest assured that your quilt is going to a loving home where it will be enjoyed and treasured.