Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chalk Placemat





This really is the neatest thing I have seen in a long time. It is a dine and doodle placemat. On one side is a fabric called chalk cloth that is identical to a chalk board, only made from cloth, and the other side is a placemat. And there is a little holder for chalk. And the whole thing rolls up for those on the go moms to take for their kids.

I made a few up to go in the craft store here in my little town. Of course I had to try it out to see if it really works like a chalk board. And it does, I was simply amazed. Had a little doodle myself with it. And when your meal comes, simply flip it over and there is your placemat. At the end of dinner, just wipe clean with a damp cloth and roll it up for the next time. (I should point out in the picture, the chalk cloth side looks like it has a fold mark in it, it does, and that relaxes in a few days)

Apparently you can't get the chalk cloth in Canada, I only found it in the States. These placemats sell for $18.00 on etsy. I am selling mine for $10.00.

I will let you know how my wares sell over the next few weeks as the store has its official opening tomorrow.

4 comments:

Manitoulin Threads said...

P.S. Don't let your kids have any Jackie, as they are getting some as gifts from me this summer on a very special birthday!

Quilt Rat said...

Did you try Fabricland? I know they used to carry it. (Not all of the stores carry the same product)

Linda Robertus said...

Great idea! I have some of that fabric laying around - now I know what to use it for!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by my blog, too.

I love this idea. I bought some of this "blackboard" fabric several years ago and never used it. This would be a great item to sell at our church nursery school's fundraiser. I hope you don't mind if I use it.