Sunday, October 17, 2010

Embellished Pillow

I know, I told you that I would post some free motion quilting of my latest art quilt.  Instead I am showing you a comforter?  Let me explain.  

Last week my niece was hit by a car on her way to school.   Two days ago, they had to operate on her ankle and do some major repair work.   Throughout this totally chaotic and stress filled time, her mom bought her the beautiful comforter for her bedroom to cheer her up.   Although she can't go up the stairs for another couple of weeks.   Anyway, a funky pillow was needed.  In comes super auntie=)   I had this fab Michael Miller fabric that hadn't been cut into, and what better occasion to dive into it.   Now the comforter, has lime green and turquoise in it.  And although hard to tell by the colours produced, this pillow has those colours in it too.  Just to tie it all in, and to make sure there was some 3D embellishing on it, you can see some purple buttons sewn on.
I hope she likes it.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she will love it Jackie. Sorry to hear about the accident.