Tuesday, May 10, 2011

3D Flowers

I have been being a little bit overboard making more 3D flowers using a cute method of gluing and slicing.   I have named this my scrap 'n' snip flower.   I even made some to match a quilt that I had just finished. But I can't post that yet.  These little guys are great for using up those long skinny ends of your fabric.





Here is a picture of two ties. Well they are not ties anymore, silly! But they each started off as a tie, until I got a hold of them. Then with some twisting and stitching it became a flower - 3D of course.


Would they not look whimsical on a little art quilt? Or you could stick them on your purse or even wear as a brooch! Does anyone own or make anything like that?

I have to design a giant art quilt and put all my 3D flowers on it!  That would be something, or maybe a little too much of something=)

Please give me a vote today, just hit the bright flower quilt on the right side bar, under the words 'Vote for Me'.  Thanks so much!

6 comments:

jlk said...

Those flowers are so cool! Your techniques are amazing.

Riel Nason said...

Those are very nice little flowers ... I'd put them on a little girl's headband! ;-)

Gill said...

I love the flowers!
I've just voted for you!

Mama Pea said...

Love the flowers. Are you going to do a tutorial? I keep going in and voting for you every day I think of it!

Brooke said...

Oh my - sure wish we could get together and play!!! You have such amazing ideas!!! Love, love the flowers!

Anonymous said...

I love those flowers...they would look awesome in a group of three on a tote! I'm off to vote again! (You know what they used to say, "Vote early and often!"LOL But this time it's legal to vote each day!)
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com