Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Preview

Hi Folks!

If you are a new follower, thanks for joining.   Here are a few things about me you should probably know.  

1.   I love making art quilts.  
2.   I love making my art quilts 3D.
3.   Creating non art quilts is something I do alot of too, and I really like that.   When I make those,
       there is always a tutorial written for you.
4.   If you check out the page at the top titled 'My Articles', you will laugh... if you don't, you should
     seek medical attention.
5.   There is a small touch of sarcastic humour about me that I rarely share=)

I am working on an art quilt and am now at the stage of getting ready to quilt it.   I have done a bit of thread painting prior to the quilting of it.  



Remember it started out looking like this:

I have done a whole lot more with it.   I have used my GO! and added a pile of circles to it,and some lovely swirls in the middle.   Once I get it pinned, I will take another progress picture to show you.  All but the light blue linen in the middle of the bright blue stripes is my own hand dyed fabric.   The pink to red is made up of 6 gradations.   

I don't have a name for it yet.   On most occasions the name of my quilts usually comes at the quilting stage or as I am putting the binding on it.   For now, I refer to it as my R & B quilt.   (Red and Blue)


If by some rare chance you haven't entered my Baby GO! giveaway, click here to enter. 






6 comments:

Kristen King said...

Congrats on all the followers...that is almost 100 more in a week!!! ;) Love the quilt..and I can't wait to see it finished!

Brooke said...

Looking forward to seeing your finished project!!

Snoodles said...

Love the new quilt; it is shaping up nicely....like the name, too: Rhythm and Blues! LOL Actually I think that works, because the wavy parts have a lovely rhythm.... :) Whatcha think?

Lynn said...

Looking good so far! In my book, you can't go wrong with circles!

Rolanda said...

I love the blue waves. Looking forward to see the finished project.

HollyM said...

I look forward to seeing the quilt when it's finished. I did read your article. It is funny and yet seems quite true.