Monday, October 1, 2012

A Good Border

Remember my last post, where the zigzag border just didn't give the clarity that I was looking for?


Back to the drawing board, or in this case, fabric stash.   Here is my second try and I think it is a go.

I used my hand dyed blue fabric for the outer edges.


I have to put this aside for 2 weeks as I am working on a super exciting project that I will share with you then.   Some of you have asked me about this throughout my time blogging, so I know you are going to love it!




10 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Wow! I love that geometric print... your zigzag looks fabulous!

Brooke said...

Oh man love, love what you came up with!!

Kat said...

Love the zigzag! A project that I know about?

Patti said...

oh, yeah! Looks fantastic!

Susan J Barker said...

Oh, Yesss! the blue and print work really well...

Mama Pea said...

This is really neat. I see what you mean about how the other one didn't give you a real feel for the zig zag. I still love the first one, though, too.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I think it`s perfect. Now I have to wait and see what you are up too with this special project:)

Snoodles said...

Oh my goodness -- I'm in love! That zigzag is stunning!
Can't wait til you reveal the other project! :)

Linda said...

Looks like a very interesting border!
I like it.

Carli The Quilter said...

Love this geometric look, I'm thinking its a good fit for the border of the Smithers 2013 Centennial Quilt. Thanks so much!