Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hidden Messages


I volunteered to do the machine quilting on a small quilt our guild made, that goes to cancer patients in the hospital when they have chemo.  They put it on to keep them warm.  



I did a loopy carefree stitch and as I was quilting I thought it would be fun to put a few surprises on the quilt.



It took me a long time to get good at writing with my machine, but now I can just go at it, and I love to put little messages in my quilts=)







When I finished that, I continued to work on my giant 3D flower I am making!  It is going to be a modern flower quilt!



Now if you would like a bit of creative inspiration, check out this great TED talk.


6 comments:

Tamie said...

Your link to the TED talk isn't working. I'd like to see it.

Becky said...

I love your messages!

Rolanda said...

Great work on the quilt. Thanks.

Gene Black said...

The handwriting on the quilts is nice. I have tried but my real handwriting is poor and it translates right to the quilt. (sigh)

I enjoyed the TED-Talk. Thanks.

sandra said...

Lovely Jackie! I was at a quilt show in /St Mary's last week and saw several lovely small 3D flower quilts. They had been done in a class that you had given for The Peace Maker Guild, they were very lovely.
Blessings Sandra

Jo Ferguson said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful idea. I'm looking forward to seeing your flower quilt.