Thursday, September 25, 2014

Back from Lula 2014

I have returned from a week long trip to Utah.  What a trip it was, I had the thrill of being part of the staff that put on Find Your Lula by Amanda Herring of The Quilted Fish.

If you ever want a retreat to learn Adobe Illustrator, find your creative mojo, eat amazing food and laugh till you cry, this trip is for you.  It is simply amazing. Amanda only allows 8 guests so it is very intimate with tons of hands on learning and inspiration and help available.  

This is the bracelet I received upon arriving.   Do you see that it says 'just breathe'... that is so freaking accurate as I do tend to worry, so now I just strap this on and off I go!

This book was also a gift and even though I am only on p. 26 it is simply amazing if you don't know how to find creative time.  I love it. 


Those are my toes... don't mind them at the bottom, instead look at all the heavenly fabric I came home with.  I adore Riley Blake Fabrics.  All those chevrons and polka dots and even some of Amanda's Lula Magnolia in there to boot!


Last up to show you is my adorable bracelet my friend Missy made for me. Don't you just love it?
Pieces of measuring tape cut up and mixed with resin and special little charms hanging off of it.


I have a special project in the works and can't wait to show it to you!
What are you working on?




5 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

sounds like it was a wonderful inspiring time! Lots of goodies - both of those bracelets are perfect!

CraftyViolet said...

Love both the bracelets! I mess around with mixed media work as well as quilting and card making and scrapbooking and I'm going to keep these in mind for inspiration.
It sounds like you had a fabulous time but I have a feeling you do every where you go!

Karen H said...

What a great bracelet your friend Missy made for you! Love it!

Rolanda said...

I love the "Just Breathe" bracelet. It is funny how many times I say that before explaining something new to someone (or myself). Glad you had a great time to recharge your batteries.

jlk said...

Sounds amazing. And your RB loot is to die for.