Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Leprechauns Are Back!

If you have been following me for a while, you know that we have leprechauns that come to our house. They have been coming for the past four years.

Each year, about 3 weeks before St. Patrick's Day they come every night, and both my boys set traps to try and catch them. Last year was the most elaborate with a whole pulley system, game cameras and boxes. And we didn't catch them.

The past two years it has been the same two leprechauns returning - Jeff and Eric. My kids are anxious to see if it is them again this year.  When they left last year, my kids had made them small beds, quilts, pillows and toys for them to take.


Jeff promised my youngest a trip for four to Ireland this year.   I don't know how he can pull that off. Seriously.

My youngest has his trap ready.

As always he writes him a letter. This is it below... he is not sure if it is Jeff so he had to start the letter with a '?'. How cute is that? I did block out the phone number and his email. As we only want Jeff to use them=)
He said he couldn't write for much longer as it was way past his bedtime when he remembered he had to write a letter! And knew his mother was getting impatient. 



I will let you know tomorrow if indeed the leprechauns are here and  if Jeff came back!
Stay tuned......


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeff, the leprechaun? Really? Not "Shamus" or "Patrick" or, oh, I don't know, "Lucky?" For real, your leprechaun is named Jeff? HAHAHA! Love it!

Janet said...

Your boys have such fun with the leprechauns :)

Rolanda said...

Enjoy these times.

Riel Nason said...

This is such a great idea. So much fun!