Sunday, May 10, 2015

Finishing!

It has been crazy around here!  Is it that way for you too?  Spring hits and suddenly everything needs to get done.

I have completed a few projects. Here is one I have been wanting to make for over a year.  It is a pattern from the incredible Amanda Herring of The Quilted Fish!  I used fabric from Riley Blake and antlers from a friend.. mine were too big to use=)
Our town has a deer show every year and hunters bring in their deer mounts. I am going to bring this in and put it right beside the biggest mount there!  Should cause some conversation=)


There is a special birthday coming up for a 12 year old, that I adore, but don't know super well. But I do know that he loves the computer game - Minecraft.  I was going to take the easy way and get him the books on how to improve in the game, but his mom said he had them all.  So I went to pinterest and noticed people made pillowcases.  
Pulled out my EQ7, found the measurements of a pillow case and started designing. Here is what I came up with, using  3" blocks.


I pulled out multiple prints of light green fabric and made two sections of green blocks for the sides, then a top and bottom. Finally added the black in. 


Once I had a quilt top, I turned it into a pillow case and even faced the sides!   



I hope he likes it, he gets it Friday night.  

I have been making hexies, but ran out of the cardboard inserts so had to stop.  Unfortunately I can't get them anywhere around here.  But started doing some googling on youtube and found you can make hexies from a simple circle.  I pulled out my Accuquilt GO! and cut a few different sizes of circles. Here is what I came up with.  Now I just have to get my head around that the waste of doing it this way is okay=)


Chat soon, I am off to Quilt Market and so excited!



1 comment:

CraftyViolet said...

Love the deer head - so much better than the other ones the hunters show!